[Imports] [Import] Infrastructures and Village boundaries of Surabaya City (Indonesia- East Java region)

Walter Nordmann wnordmann at gmx.de
Wed Sep 28 11:39:08 UTC 2016

HI Ivan,

> Hi Walter, I did opensource the script I used to generate the Surabaya
> boundaries that the HOT team needed, and many other regions.
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Ivan%20Garcia/diary/39547

i know. i'm planning to use that script too - if i'm getting some free
shape data.

> I also offered my experience help to the Indonesian HOT team to do the
> carefully join of the boundaries with the already existent neighbor
> boundaries (same way I did with Jakarta project months ago), so Dewi
> can rely on me.
He did not stste that. If you are actively workink on that project, i'm
"feeling better".
> The problem at the moment in Indonesia that the Gvt still hasn't
> provided in a compatible license the open data of the
> rural/village(DESA) Shapefile of the country(eventhough some NGOs and
> institutions are pushing for it), so the good data is being uploaded
> only with different agreements made by HOT with local provinces.

Yes, that is very important. But if OSM does not get the needed rights,
nothing may be imported.

btw: how do you handle the outer edges of any area?

walter