[Imports] [Talk-ca] Ottawa Buildings & Addresses [Statistics Canada project]

Michael Reichert nakaner at gmx.net
Fri Jan 27 18:57:00 UTC 2017

Hi James,

Am 2017-01-24 um 21:05 schrieb James:
> The sources are now available on the city of Ottawa's website. As such was
> the major hurdle last time to proceed with the import and it is now taken
> care of (http://data.ottawa.ca/dataset/urban-buildings) and the local
> community in agreement to proceed, we shall begin to do so in the coming
> days.

Thank you for the link to the data. The link to the license on that page
(http://ottawa.ca/en/mobile-apps-and-open-data/open-data-licence-version-20)
returns error 404. archive.org has an archieved version of that page
from October 2016 but it would be better if their open data portal
contained working links to the license texts.

You are in touch with them, aren't you? Could you please ask them to fix
that broken link.

Please note that this is not a show-stopper.

> The documentation has been updated here:
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Canada:Ontario:Ottawa/Import/Plan
> Please refer to it if you have any questions.

The license (http://ottawa.ca/en/city-hall/get-know-your-city/open-data)
linked from the wiki page contains the phrase "for any lawful purpose".
Is it compatible to OSM? I don't know if it is compatible, I haven't
looked if this issue has been solved or is still open. There was some
discussion about licenses with such phrases on Legal-talk mailing list
some months ago.

Best regards

Michael