[Imports] [Talk-ca] Fwd: [Import] Ottawa Buildings & Addresses [Statistics Canada project]

James james2432 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 20:05:06 UTC 2017

The sources are now available on the city of Ottawa's website. As such was
the major hurdle last time to proceed with the import and it is now taken
care of (http://data.ottawa.ca/dataset/urban-buildings) and the local
community in agreement to proceed, we shall begin to do so in the coming
days.

The documentation has been updated here:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Canada:Ontario:Ottawa/Import/Plan
Please refer to it if you have any questions.

Bye.

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 1:40 PM, John Marshall <rps333 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Great new. The local OSM mappers are looking forward to adding this data
> set.
>
> John Marshall
>
> On Dec 21, 2016 09:41, "James" <james2432 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Just to give an update, Ottawa has finally approved moving the building
>> outlines to the open data portal. The person responsible is on vacation and
>> will be back the 9th of January 2017 and expect it to be live by the end of
>> that week.
>>
>> So with data source not being publicly available, are there any other
>> road blocks that are stopping this import from progressing?
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 2:22 PM, Christoph Hormann <chris_hormann at gmx.de>
>> wrote:

>>> Actually i was referring to the use of the term "CAD drawings" which
>>> clearly indicates a planning component (with the 'D' standing for
>>> design) - but you probably have just used the term in a different way
>>> than how i understood it.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Christoph Hormann
>>> http://www.imagico.de/