[Imports] School imports

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Sun Jul 9 16:43:24 UTC 2017

Hi Bjoern,

It's hard to give much detail at this stage. You should look at the
import guidelines, and this mailing list to see common issues, like
assesing data quality and merging with existing OSM data.

It's a large task, since you're talking about a significant percentage
of humanity and the earth! Local community approval will be harder
because you have dozesns of local communities to contact (at least).

One possible issue occurs to me: It's unlikely that the entire dataset
was sourced by the same group, it might be a collection of datasets
merged into one big dataset (sorta what OSM tries to do!), so if you
look at the data in one area it might look like it's of high quality,
but it's possible the data for another country/region is from another
source and is rubbish. Don't just presume the data quality is the same.

Good luck!

Rory