[Imports] Ottawa, Canada Tree Import

Christoph Hormann osm at imagico.de
Tue Jun 27 19:42:52 UTC 2017

On Tuesday 27 June 2017, Kyle Nuttall wrote:

> I've added a few trees to the map as a preview of the data being
> imported. (The remainder will be added using and import account)
> [...]

A few quick notes on tagging:

* source tag belongs on the changeset and not on the nodes.
* ref tag seems to be a non-verifiable proprietary ID that should not be
added to OSM.
* dbh is an undocumented tag (and not a good choice as a key - the tag
you probably should look at is
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:circumference).
* operator for trees is somewhat questionable (trees tend to operate
themselves if you let them...)

Questions beyond that:

* how did you determine the values of the other tags (in other words: do
you have a table with the species:en to other tags mapping)?
* how do you ensure the trees to be imported are compatible with the
existing data (i.e. no trees in the water, within buildings etc.)?

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/