[Imports] Ottawa, Canada Tree Import

Christoph Hormann osm at imagico.de
Tue Jun 27 20:35:55 UTC 2017

On Tuesday 27 June 2017, Kyle Nuttall wrote:

> >* how did you determine the values of the other tags
>
> If you are talking about the genus and species/Latin names. I used
> the English name (Sugar Maple) of the species to look up the Latin
> names (Acer saccharum)

Since i assume you did not do this for 150k trees individually you will
have a mapping from English names to the other tags and it would be
important to see that for verification.

> >* how do you ensure the trees to be imported are compatible with the
> > existing data (i.e. no trees in the water, within buildings etc.)?
>
> I suppose a visual reference with aerial photography when actually
> adding the data

What do you mean by 'I suppose'?

If you plan to verify each of the trees by hand 'a couple of days' for
the import is unrealistic for 150k trees.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/