[Imports] Importing data

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Fri Mar 17 09:02:22 UTC 2017

Hi Patricia,

Welcome to OSM. It's great to see you're interesting in sharing your
data. :)

May I suggest you first contact the local OSM community in
Australia/Sydney? They can probably tell you more about how to get
started, and what would benefit them, the current "state of the map" in
Australia, etc.

I'm not sure where they "hang out", but there seems to be a mailing
list: ( https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-au ) (a maybe
dead) website ( http://www.osmaustralia.org/ ) and OSM Wiki page (
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Australia ). Perhaps
fire a few emails/etc there and see if you can contact people.

Imports can be a little tricky to get right (since you basically need to
"merge" your data with OSM data), so having someone with a lot of OSM
experience is very important.

Hope that helps,

Rory