[Imports] Importing fuel stations in UK and future similar imports

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Tue May 16 09:27:10 UTC 2017

On 15 May 2017 at 09:51, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe I wasn't clear, I'll try to explain it again: the only true
> "entities" in osm are nodes, ways and relations, the rest depends on
> the interpretation of tags. Given that many mappers mix what might be
> perceived by some as different "features", we can't even know if the
> proprietary tag is a feature on its own or a property of one or more
> of the other features/entities. It's all about interpretation and you
> can't interpret a tag with unknown meaning or referring to a database
> you don't know.

[Reposted, as my initial reply went only to Martin, in error]

Maybe I wasn't clear. If the node, way or relation is tagged, say:

 building=yes
 name= Blogg house

then the ID on the same node, way or relation refers to the entity
which is a building called Blogg house.

If the if the node, way or relation is tagged, say:

 amenity:shop
 name=Fred's Shop

then the ID on the same node, way or relation refers to the entity
which is a shop called Fred's shop.

Just like any other tag on a node, way or relation in OSM, like
website, or opening hours, or operator, or...

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing