[Imports] Importing fuel stations in UK and future similar imports

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue May 16 12:43:18 UTC 2017

sent from a phone

> On 16. May 2017, at 11:27, Andy Mabbett <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:
>

> Maybe I wasn't clear. If the node, way or relation is tagged, say:
>
>  building=yes
>  name= Blogg house
>
> then the ID on the same node, way or relation refers to the entity
> which is a building called Blogg house.
>
> If the if the node, way or relation is tagged, say:
>
>  amenity:shop
>  name=Fred's Shop
>
> then the ID on the same node, way or relation refers to the entity
> which is a shop called Fred's shop.
>
> Just like any other tag on a node, way or relation in OSM, like
> website, or opening hours, or operator, or...

yes, these are all very simple cases, because it is generally agreed that name is a property, so there is just one other tag in all the examples you gave. In the real OSM world, however, often there appear to be more tags on the same object. These are the cases to which I referred.

For example:
building=yes
amenity=shop
name=Fred's