[Imports] Import of buildings heights in Montpellier, France

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 09:38:18 UTC 2017

> On 11/1/2017 11:41 AM, Tobias Knerr wrote:
>
> There's nothing special about Vincent's proposed import from this legal
>
> point of view. In my opinion, we should indeed refrain from importing
> data under such licenses as a general rule.
>
> Third-party ODbL-licensed data can be imported:https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Licence/Licence_and_Legal_FAQ#Can_third-party_ODbL-licensed_data_be_imported.3F

yes, it says it "can" be imported "in principle", and it also says:
"Whether it should be is another matter" and explicitly raises the same
points the Tobias has: "As with any other data import, if the licence is
incompatible with future distribution licences the relevant data will be
removed. This should always be a factor in deciding whether a particular
import is worthwhile."

Cheers,
Martin