[Imports] Import of buildings heights in Montpellier, France

Vincent Frison vincent.frison at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 17:11:33 UTC 2017

>> On 11/1/2017 11:41 AM, Tobias Knerr wrote:
>>
>> There's nothing special about Vincent's proposed import from this legal
>>
>> point of view. In my opinion, we should indeed refrain from importing
>> data under such licenses as a general rule.
>>
>> Third-party ODbL-licensed data can be imported:https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Licence/Licence_and_Legal_FAQ#Can_third-party_ODbL-licensed_data_be_imported.3F
>>

> yes, it says it "can" be imported "in principle", and it also says:
> "Whether it should be is another matter" and explicitly raises the same
> points the Tobias has: "As with any other data import, if the licence is
> incompatible with future distribution licences the relevant data will be
> removed. This should always be a factor in deciding whether a particular
> import is worthwhile."

I feel that the discussion, while very interesting, can not be concluded
quickly. So I hope that no one has any problem if I do my import of ODbL
data because as it has been said, it will be quite easy to remove these
additions of height tags if one day OSM decides to move to a license not
compatible with ODbL.

Thanks, Vincent.