[Imports] RFC for Canton Basel-Stadt Building and Address Import

Johannes Singler johannes at singler.name
Mon Nov 20 06:21:55 UTC 2017

Hi Frederik

Am 19.11.2017 um 22:01 schrieb Frederik Ramm:
> Hi,
>
> On 10/24/2017 06:59 AM, Johannes Singler wrote:
>> That former import has already covered 80% of the buildings and
>> addresses. The import proposed here aims a continuation of this work
>> backed by standard procedures
>
> It appears that you are deleting (parts of?) the older import, eg
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1997464525/history

I don't think the former version of that node originated from an import,
but rather from drawing outlines manually, based on aerial imagery.  (I
don't know of any available data / import in Basel before 2014).  In
that area, we before had rough building outlines covering entire rows of
up to 15 houses.

(I have reminded the mapper about using a separate account and setting
the right changeset tags.)

Best,
Johannes