[Imports] Heads up: Building Canada 2020

James james2432 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 22:02:51 UTC 2017

Frederik, I completely agree that OSM costs money to maintain and that the
servers will require additional disk space to hold information. But to say
give us money because you are adding a lot of geo-information to an open
source project to make it more detailed seems border line blackmail.

If people have to pay OSM to add information, it sets a precedent and will
make OSM very toxic. They will then do the worst possible thing for open
source projects(which I detest) and fork it. It will then be a duplication
of effort and one project or both then fall behind in one area or the other.