[Imports] Allegheny County (Pittsburgh) PA Building Import

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Tue Sep 19 03:57:45 UTC 2017

I can help you with preparing your project for the US Tasking Manager. Ian
Dees, can give you permission to create an account. I recommend running a
local instance to make sure your geojson is working correctly. Once a
project is created, it can only be archived, not deleted. I've had trouble
in the past getting the correct format for the geojson resulting in having
to archive some attempts.

TIGER voting district boundaries are useful to break the data into small
chunks. You may have to go back a few years to find a useable shapefile.

Let me know how I can help.

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 5:26 PM, GeoKitten <geokittenosm at protonmail.com>
wrote:

> I am planning an import of building footprint data into OSM. Here's the
> link to the wiki page:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Allegheny_County_Building_Import
>
> I'm planning on importing buildings in and around Pittsburgh. I already
> have permission from the government and sample data in OSM format. I have
> somewhat of a plan but a few questions. Feel free to critique my wiki page
> and suggest changes.
>
> I want to add this import to OSM-US tasking manager like the recent Tampa
> and Corpus Christi building imports, but not sure how to do this. Whom do I
> contact to get permission to start a tasking manager project, and on a
> technical level, what do I need to do?
>
> Also, what is considered enough community approval to start an import? I'm
> not ready to ask for final approval yet: My plan is incomplete. But I want
> to give everyone a heads-up and a chance to discuss my proposal.

@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us
OpenStreetMap: Maps with a human touch