[Imports] Bing Building Import

Greg Morgan dr.kludge.gm at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 02:38:41 UTC 2018

I have started work on the Bing building import for Arizona us.  I have
started this page here
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Catalogue/US/BingBuildings for
the import.  This wiki page may be used by other mappers in different
states.

Moreover, I have process the Arizona file
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FhQd8fSIbx9OyG6vFAaKkBfYn10Rw0Da .   The
next step is to use the x y values to generate zoom 16 tiles.  OSM zoom 16
tiles will be used to compare the buildings that already exist and those
tiles that have no buildings.  The challenge with the Metro Phoenix Arizona
area is that we are in a building boom again.  For example, I was able to
trace these buildings from ESRI imagery
https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/33.43036/-112.08413 If the automated
tracing process, https://github.com/Microsoft/USBuildingFootprints , used
this imagery, then the Bing foot prints cannot be used in this area.

There is still more to be done.  This is just an advance notice of that a
working process is under development.

Regards,
Greg