[Imports] Import of Flemish Government data (building footprints and addresses)

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sun Nov 4 22:03:49 UTC 2018

1. Nov 2018 15:39 by pietervdvn at gmail.com <mailto:pietervdvn at gmail.com>:

> In case this was not clear befor> e:>   this is _not_ a flat import where all the data is dumped into OSM automatically. This is an effort of the Belgian community, where mappers select a subset of the data they choose to integrate piecemeal, usually one street at a time. The data is loaded in JOSM and checked against the aerial imagery involving the mapper's common sense.

Thanks for doing it this way!

> We aren't afraid that people will refrain from editing source-tagged objects: new users (using > the>  iD editor> ) will probably not notice those tags in the first place; advanced users will know about them. And intermediate users will probably look them up.

That is why documenting this that on OSM wiki is a a good idea

(something simple like https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:teryt:terc <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:teryt:terc> should be sufficient).

> We don't want to centralize the link between OSM and GRB. There isn't one single person doing the import, it's something several people in the community>  work on> . Anyone could host the tool if its current maintainer disappears.

If it is actually used in way where a third-party database would not suffice - then sorry for the noise.

It is probably result of discovering within recent months several cases of people dumping

into OSM undiscussed, useless and undocumented tags and then I complain indirectly about problem

to people who bothered to document their import.