[Imports] User Display Name Question

Max Erickson maxerickson at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 13:17:42 UTC 2018

That section of the page has gotten more and more prescriptive over time.

I used to think that just using 1 separate account for mechanical and
import edits was the way to go. I still think that, but wonder if
people are worried about it.

I expect the stuff about documenting sources in the account basically
never happens and the main impact of using a new account for every
import is that the user is harder to actually contact. It's also
harder to "watch" an account to see if it is doing imports, because it
is only used the one time. There's users I'd like to be able to key an
eye on because they love to import and don't really sweat the details.

Max