[Imports] Nordic Charging Station Import

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Thu Oct 18 14:21:06 UTC 2018

Hi,

You suggest doing this import on 22nd October, which is only a few days
away (with a weekend in the middle). Perhaps wait a little longer (1-2
weeks?) to get all feedback.

Some suggestions: add import=yes tag to changesets. You are going to
mape "Visitors" to access=customers. There are ~100 access=visitors in
OSM. Do you know if the restriction requires someone to have bought
something or merely that they visit a place? (A publically owned tourist
attraction might limit parking to visitors, but there are no customers
in this case).

What does "parking fee" ("parking:fee=yes/no") mean? A fee for using the
charging station? Wouldn't "fee=yes/no" be better?

Can you list the account(s) which will be doing the import? How many
people will be doing the import? The wiki says more than one?

Your python programme creates the XML with string concatination, FYI,
there are built in python XML libraries (
https://docs.python.org/2/library/xml.dom.minidom.html ).

Your python programme sets the "description:da" tag for the description
(line 117), the wiki page says "description" tag will be used. "da" is
the code for Danish. You're planning to import danish language
descriptions in Norway?

I'm not sure how the conflatuator plugin works, but if you set
'upload="false"' on the '<osm' element at the start of your XML, JOSM
will discourage the upload. If you add that flag, it could prevent
mistakes. :)

Why are you adding tags in capital letters to the output?

Are changing stations very visible on aerial imagery? I'd've thought not
really. Perhaps you could use Mapillary or OpenStreetCam photos as well.

Hope that helps,

Rory