[Imports] Importing NaPTAN Data

Silent Spike silentspike100 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 18:41:47 UTC 2019

Discussion on talk GB has now lead me to the following tags:

   - `highway=bus_stop`
   - `public_transport=platform`
   - `bus=yes`
   - `name` [Imported - defer to existing tagging during conflation]
   - `naptan:AtcoCode` [Imported]
   - `naptan:NaptanCode` [Imported]
   - `naptan:CommonName` [Imported - should match `name` but may differ, is
   what the indicator is relative to]
   - `naptan:Indicator` [Imported - useful to distinguish stops and
   sometimes can be `loc_ref` data]
   - `naptan:verified=no` [Gets deleted upon verification according to the
   wiki]

There are other NaPTAN fields possible to import, but in the interests of
not bloating the bus stop tagging these seem like the most important/useful
tags.

Another question I have is do I need to follow this step of the import
process?

>    1. You *must* register your permissions and project by adding a line
>    to the table at Import/Catalogue
>    <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Catalogue>.

The NaPTAN import is already listed as in progress in that table. Would it
make more sense for me to just edit the respective NaPTAN pages and link to
a page I create to document only my regional import?