[Imports] Import chalet and BnB in Matera, Italy

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue May 28 19:18:31 UTC 2019

I just noticed Giovanni's replies did not arrive here:

Am Mo., 27. Mai 2019 um 14:49 Uhr schrieb Cascafico Giovanni <
cascafico at gmail.com>:

> Thank you for your feedback, Martin.
>
> Il lun 27 mag 2019, 12:42 Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> ha
> scritto:
> >
> > 1. Not sure whether we should import the external IDs at all, but even
> if we would do it, the tag "ref" wouldn't be the right tag for it. I would
> suspect these refer to a specific dataset and are not useful on the ground?
>
> ref is an unique number assigned to accomodation business by municipality:
> I've understood they built these datasets to establish an accomodation
> network (case mentioned in ref wiki [1]). Besides, ref could be used for
> updates, since relying on geocoord in future conflation would be tricky in
> high density areas like Matera downtown.

I would suggest some more specific key, judging from taginfo something like
ref:<short name of the datasource>

> > 2. The tag "tourism=chalet" refers to a freestanding single unit
> dwelling (if I am not misguided), while the Italian term "casa vacanza"
> very often refers to tourism=apartment. How will these be distinguished?
>
> Source dataset doesn't allow to distinguish between the two types of
> accomodation: there are some "casa" and "villa" in name field that could
> suggest some info, but mostly are fantasy names that don't help much.
> Anyway wiki about tourism=chalet [2] quotes "A type of accommodation in the
> tourism industry, *usually* detached.". Due to the peculiar architecture in
> Matera [3], almost nothing is detatched.

if almost nothing is detached, it means most of the tags would be wrong. I
have been browsing the map, thank you for this, very convenient,
http://audit.osmz.ru/map/MateraBB#13/40.6670/16.6100
and while most of the features are located in the historic centre, there
are also many detached houses outside of the centre. The established tags
do not provide a method to add generic accomodation features, all main
classes are fairly specific: guest_house, apartment, chalet, hostel, hotel.
If the source data doesn't distinguish chalet from apartment it is
difficult, maybe you can guess it from aerial imagery.

> > 3. The tag "ref:vatin" in Italian means "Partita IVA", rather than
> "Codice Fiscale" (which has not generally to do with VAT / IVA). It may be
> problematic publishing personal tax insurance numbers (unlike the VAT
> identification numbers of businesses).
>
> +1. I don't see any loss of info removing such values. I guess source aims
> to undeline that POIs are regularly registered business activities.

+1

> > 4. The tag "beds" is for the number of beds, while "posto letto" is for
> sleeping possibilities, which in the context of holiday accomodation can be
> totally different things (divano letto = convertible sofa-bed). Generally,
> there are more "capacity" tags combined with tourism objects, than "beds"
> tags (if my taginfo foo didn't let me down).
>
> So your suggestion is "capacity:beds" ?

I would go for "capacity", it is used 9999 times with tourism=* while
capacity:beds only 26 and beds 5739.
And because "posto letto" in a holiday apartment is not always a _bed_.

Cheers,
Martin