[Imports] UN Mappers import of UNSOS waterways in Somalia

Christoph Hormann osm at imagico.de
Tue Apr 7 15:45:29 UTC 2020

On Tuesday 07 April 2020, Rafael Avila Coya wrote:
> Hi, Christoph:
>
> What do you mean when you say that it lacks any information on the
> provenance and specifications of the source data?
>
> As explained in the wiki, I am saying that the data is coming from
> UNSOS, using SPOT imagery. You can download the data under data
> source site, in the Background subsection of the wiki.

I am sorry for being unclear - i was meaning:

* what is the meaning of the various attributes in the source data?
Normally data sets like this come with a specification document that
tells you what for example an attribute like FCSubtype=* or HYP=1 is
meant to indicate.
* how has this data been created from the SPOT imagery mentioned?  Was
it produced with some kind of AI algorithm?  Was it traced by by
humans?  If the latter was it done by people with local knowledge of
the area or by people from abroad?  What was the original intended
purpose of generating the data?

There are various peculiarities that can be observed looking at the data
but i am reluctant to draw any conclusions or make recommendations
based on these observations without knowing how the data was produced.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/