[Imports] UN Mappers import of UNSOS waterways in Somalia

Arne Kimmig arnekimmig at icloud.com
Thu Apr 9 08:47:33 UTC 2020

Hi Christoph,

Thank you very much for the examples. I think Lagh Dera is a good example of a fossil river at least inside Somalia. I wouldn’t map it as a river because I don’t see any erosion features nor any tributaries like gullies or creeks.

If and how these fossil rivers should be mapped is an other discussion and might be beyond OSM philosophy (I actually don’t know very well) and for the planned project I would recommend not to map them or add an annotation to the already mapped ones.

Regards

Arne