[Imports] Import stop signs for blind persons in Katowice, Poland

Łukasz Taraszka luktar at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 17:53:09 UTC 2020

Hello Rafael,

Thanks for your response.

I know the standards described on mentioned wiki pages.

The opinion of companies, as well as the opinion of anyone else
> (individuals, organizations, etc.), is always welcome in OpenStreetMap,
> but we should not adjust our tagging schema to the needs of different
> companies, because they aren't the only ones interested in using the
> data. We map the reality the best we can, but we can't map for the
> different data consumers, because they will have in general different
> needs that we can't accommodate.

And

According to you, they say "if there will be a standard accepted by the
> OSM community they would do this and that". But there is actually a
> standard accepted by the community, that is what you read in the already
> mentioned Public transport and other wikis. With lots of discussions,
> and new proposals, yes, but we have and we follow those wikis to map
> public transport everywhere around the world, and quite well in my
> honest opinion.

I totally agree with that. I proposed two new tags and I'm not going to
change existing standards.
I proposed stop_id and stop_no as placeholders which could be replaced with
something that is more relevant to this situation.
Probably gtfs_id and local_ref as was suggested on Polish forum.
My goal is to find a middle ground between OSM community standards and the
companies which are delivering systems for blinds for years.
Both sides have their standards.

Apart from the tagging mailing list, I would suggest you first to
> contact your local Polish osm community, for example through the talk-pl
> mailing list [6]. I am sure they will be very glad to discuss with you
> about mapping all those objects for Katowice and other areas, so
> valuable for disabled people.

It's already there.

For example, in one of the

tram stops examples of yours [5], we would have the following tags:

I wasn't able to check that because link [5] is pointing to an incorrect
location. Could you please send me the correct example?

--
Best regards,
Taraszka Łukasz

czw., 27 sie 2020 o 17:01 Mateusz Konieczny via Imports <
imports at openstreetmap.org> napisał(a):

> 27 Aug 2020, 16:38 by ravilacoya at gmail.com:
>
> Apart from the tagging mailing list, I would suggest you first to contact
> your local Polish osm community, for example through the talk-pl mailing
> list [6]. I am sure they will be very glad to discuss with you about
> mapping all those objects for Katowice and other areas, so valuable for
> disabled people.
>
> There was already contact (through
> OSM forum, Polish community is not
> using mailing list), and this reminds me that
> I should reply also there

Pozdrawiam
Taraszka Łukasz
tel. 668 462 791