[Imports] Update bus stop names

Cj Malone CjMalone at mail.com
Sat Jan 18 11:18:13 UTC 2020

Hello,

I've recently found an open data set with more accurate bus stop names
than OSM. Based on my limited survey of differences in OSM data and
this data, theirs has been more accurate. Not really surprising, since
it's there network, and most of the OSM data hasn't been updated since
the naptan import nearly a decade ago.

I intent to start updating OSM based on this data. The legal mailing
list has OK'ed this as it's OGLv3.

I won't be importing any nodes, but I do intend for it to be "machine
assisted". I will create a report similar to
https://gregrs.dev.openstreetmap.org/fhrs/ where I will then go through
on a node by node basis and decide if the node should be updated. Any
tag I edit I will add source:name=Southern Vectis, and leave the
naptan:CommonName untouched.

While I do this I could also upgrade from highway=bus_stop to
public_transport=platform, bus=yes. Keeping the legacy tags as the wiki
recommends.

I will be using this data set https://www.islandbuses.info/open-data
the same data set is available for more regions, but at the moment I don't intent to use them, a local mapper would be better suited. https://www.discoverpassenger.com/2019/06/25/open-data-portals-go-
ahead-group/