[Imports] Seoul bike rental stations import

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Thu Jul 23 09:10:19 UTC 2020

Jul 16, 2020, 15:27 by fpegeot at gmail.com:

> Hi,
> I noticed that the Seoul bike (따릉이) infrastructure near me was missing
> from OpenStreetMap. I managed to download the existing OSM data using
> https://overpass-turbo.eu/# (searching for tag amenity=bicycle_rental)
> and I found only 131 existing stations.
>
> In parallel, I got official data from
> https://www.data.go.kr/data/15051893/fileData.do and they report 1540
> stations. The data is complete, with name, latitude, longitude, bike
> capacity and everything. I managed to load the whole data into a
> data-frame with Python and sanity-check it all and it all looks fine.
> For those who want to see it, I attached all the data on my GitHub @
> https://github.com/mistrpopo/osm_ddareungi/blob/master/osm_ddareungi_compare.txt

(...)

>  am not sure where to
> continue from here.

You can try to get them to release data under suitable license but it is quite
tricky to achieve.

If data quality is not good enough for import and/or license is problematic
you are still allowed to automatically compare this two datasets, find
missing locations in OSM and use it as a list of survey targets.

I am not a lawyer, but as far as I know, it it is perfectly fine to use
copyrighted data to plan your trip and during such trip map what you see.
(as long as you map what you see, without basing mapping itself
on tainted source)