[Imports] Import of pharmacies in Catalunya, Spain.

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Tue Mar 17 15:35:53 UTC 2020

IANAL, and I'm relying on the translations and excerpts provided here,
but it also seems to me that the data license may be too restrictive:

>     /*17.3* It must be ensured that the reuse process does not alter the
>     content of the reused information or distort its meaning, and the
>     source of the data must be cited and the date of the last update
>     indicated./

To be clear, the issue isn't that the mappers performing the import
alter or distort the data (or fail to cite the source), but that users
of OSM data must be allowed to do exactly that. Our license grants
everyone the ability to alter OSM data, and we don't want them to have
to cite any sources except OpenStreetMap itself.

>     If you are as interested as we are to get this (and other) very
>     valuable onto the best map there is: What else do we need?
>
> Get data on OSM compatible license, without such requirements.
> "this data is ODBL licensed" from copyright holder should be sufficient.

ODbL licensing would not be sufficient to address the attribution
aspect, I believe. But the general idea is good: Try to get an explicit
permission from the right holders. If they are already aware and
publicly appreciative of the import, there's a chance they may be
willing grant such a permission.

I don't think there's any LWG-vetted template for this situation, but
here's what some people have tried in the past:
https://wiki.osm.org/Import/Getting_permission

Alternatively, convince them to place the data under very generous terms
for everyone (such as CC0), but this may be a harder sell than "just"
giving permission for an OSM import.