[Imports] [HOT] Import of Tanga Building Footprints

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Jun 7 14:31:11 UTC 2021

Hi,

On 07.06.21 16:15, Antidius Kawamala wrote:
> This import consists of more than 500 hundred thousand footprints of
> buildings located in all over the Tanga region.
>
> A wiki page with details of the proposed import is available
> here: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tanga_Building_Footprints_Import

1. Can we see a sample of the data?

2. You say that these over 500.000 building footprints have been created
by students in three months. Can we know more about the focus and
quality requirements of this digitizing activity? You write that "The
purpose of these data was to be used in a street code naming system." -
I would imagine that if you only need it for a street code naming
system, the actual quality of a building trace (too big, too small,
three corners, five corners, not rectangular...) would not matter. So I
am worried that perhaps the quality might not be sufficient for OSM use.

Bye
Frederik