[Imports] NYS GIS SAM Address Point Import - Status Update

Skyler Hawthorne osm at dead10ck.com
Tue May 11 04:59:46 UTC 2021

Hi everyone,

For those who were following the NYS GIS SAM Address Point import (https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/New_York_(state)/NYS_GIS_SAM_Address_Points_Import), you may recall I ran into problems with using Overpass, and discovered that under high load, servers can end up with corrupt data, which was leading to some incorrect conflations.

As a result of this, I reworked the importer to instead get its source of OSM data from a local Postgres table, generated with osm2pgsql from Geofabrik dumps of New York State. This was the reason for the hiatus, but I think I've gotten it to a state now where it's of similar quality to how it was before. I think both myself and Kumi will be happier with me computing the data myself.

But before I continue, I'd like to ask if anyone would be willing to look at the data for one county. I've uploaded a generated .osc file for Hamilton county (the smallest county) here:

https://skyler-public.s3.amazonaws.com/osm/hamilton.osc.gz

Alternatively, I could do a bulk import first, and then reviewing might be a bit easier (although obviously if any problems are found this way, this would then involve a cleanup).

And also, if anyone here is familiar with the osm2pgsql tables, it would also be very helpful to review the queries I'm doing to see if they make sense, and if I'm missing something.

The queries can be found here in the .sql files:

https://gitlab.com/dead10ck/nys-gis-sam-import-rs/-/tree/master/src/postgres

Skyler