[josm-dev] Empty marker layers

Dave Hansen dave at sr71.net
Sun Dec 2 22:02:59 GMT 2007

I was opening a bunch of .gpx files today, and it kinda cluttered up my
layer dialog box with "Markers from...".  The problem is that I didn't
_have_ any markers in my .gpx files. :)

Could we have openFileAsGpx() check for the layers to have actual data
in them before addition?

    private void openFileAsGpx(File file) throws SAXException, IOException, FileNotFoundException {
        String fn = file.getName();
        if (ExtensionFileFilter.filters[ExtensionFileFilter.GPX].acceptName(fn)) {
            GpxReader r = null;
            if (file.getName().endsWith(".gpx.gz")) {
                r = new GpxReader(new GZIPInputStream(new FileInputStream(file)), file.getAbsoluteFile().getParentFile());
            } else{
                r = new GpxReader(new FileInputStream(file), file.getAbsoluteFile().getParentFile());
            }
            r.data.storageFile = file;
            Main.main.addLayer(new GpxLayer(r.data, fn));
>           MarkerLayer m = new MarkerLayer(r.data, tr("Markers from {0}", fn), file);
>           if (m.data.size() > 0)
>               Main.main.addLayer(m);
        } else {
            throw new IllegalStateException();