[josm-dev] Openvisible doesn't work anymore

Brent Easton b.easton at exemail.com.au
Mon Nov 5 10:46:01 GMT 2007

>Ulf, since you've been toying with the JOSM main menu, you will
>probably be as unhappy as I am about plugins adding their stuff
>whereever they like - in the case of OpenVisible, a menu entry is
>added at the bottom of the "file" menu, just after "exit". I think we
>should devise a way around this. Maybe have a "plugins" menu with one
>always-visible entry ("get plugins..."), and one sub-menu per loaded
>plugin - and then have plugins populate their sub-menus only.
>Something like that.

Despite the uncontrollable urge to say "I told you so", I will try and resist. :)

The correct solution is use the facilities Java provides the way they are supposed to be used instead of making everything public. Hide stuff like the menus and expose a couple of routines for plugins to use to add menu options.

Cheers,
Brent.
Brent Easton
Analyst/Programmer