[josm-dev] Openvisible doesn't work anymore

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Nov 5 09:31:42 GMT 2007

Hi,

> Is their anybody that can confirm this bug in r446 or newer, since
> r446 is the release that should have fixed it?
>
> I have now tried this plugin on three different computers, Win XP and
> Linux, with release >= r450 and it fails at startup. I have reverted
> backup to r443 which is the version that openvisble works.

Sorry for the complications. I had broken the old openvisible plugin
by removing a class from JOSM. Later I re-introduced the class into
JOSM but didn't recompile the openvisible JAR file, which it seemed
to expect for whatever reason.

If you download the newest openvisible.jar then it should work now.

Ulf, since you've been toying with the JOSM main menu, you will
probably be as unhappy as I am about plugins adding their stuff
whereever they like - in the case of OpenVisible, a menu entry is
added at the bottom of the "file" menu, just after "exit". I think we
should devise a way around this. Maybe have a "plugins" menu with one
always-visible entry ("get plugins..."), and one sub-menu per loaded
plugin - and then have plugins populate their sub-menus only.
Something like that.

Bye
Frederik