[josm-dev] Openvisible doesn't work anymore

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Nov 5 22:30:12 GMT 2007

Hi,

> I'm against having a "plugins" menu that way. This splits the GUI into the
> core and the plugin part. But IMHO a user is more interested to find
> functionality where he expects it.

There's a point in what you say of course. A good example is the "openvisible"
plugin which thematically belongs right next to the classic "open"
action but would be confined to a plugin menu in my design.

However: As a user I am also confused if I see certain UI elements on
a screen shot or on someone else's display and they're not in my JOSM
- only then do I find out "ah, these were put there by the magic
buttons plugin". A dedicated plugin menu would make it quite clear
which functions are added by a plugin...

Well I trust you'll find a good way to deal with that ;-)

Bye
Frederik