[josm-dev] New JOSM bug

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Oct 12 21:44:43 BST 2007

Hi,

> In JOSM latest downloaded a few minutes ago I can't SHIFT+CLICK to
> select more than one thing. (drag does do a multiple select). I assume
> this is not intentional.

It has been fixed in SVN and will be in the nightly build.

> The combined select and move means I always but always unintentionally
> move the thing I am selecting when using a tablet - it is completely
> impossible to work with the tablet
[...]

How do you work with "traditional" graphics programs using the tablet?
My aim is to come as near a typical graphics program as possible so
maybe we can mimick their behaviour with tablets as well.

> And I am finding it difficult to add nodes in the vicinity of other
> ways, as it always wants to connect it into the adjacent way. Drawing a
> stream as I just was was particularly hard as I wanted it to go "under"
> each road I was crossing. Is there a modifier key combination that will
> help?

Don't think there is at present but it seems we really need it. Only
question is: which should be the default and which should use a
modifier key?

I'm working on a Inkscape-style help box a the bottom that always
tells you what you're doing and what modifiers are available at the
moment.

> The "connect to previous node" style is great for doing ways, but is a
> pain for adding POIs as I have to keep deselecting, which means changing
> mode. Can we have a modifier which doesn't connect?

We could probably. But maybe there is something better still that
works without the keyboard... hm, maybe only auto-connect if the
selected node has no tags? Or would that be too magical?

Bye
Frederik