[josm-dev] Possible fix for auto-complete annoyance

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Oct 27 10:33:32 BST 2007

Hi,

> I was able to fix the auto-complete problem by moving the logic that
> selects the untyped substring of the match to a point after the
> selection is set. I think with the Windows theme, setting the selected
> item automatically causes the entire field to be highlighted.

I have applied this patch and it is already in the currently
downloadable josm-latest.jar. I haven't tested it really because I am
a bit tired of this endless autocomplete discussion. One more
complaint and you'll get plain text fields again ;-)

No, honest, maybe everyone can have a look if it works better now in
their preferred look and feel, with their preferred window manager and
operating system, and if it is better now then we'll just leave it so.

Bye
Frederik