[josm-dev] How should patches to JOSM be sent?

Raphael Mack ramack at raphael-mack.de
Sat Apr 12 08:08:24 BST 2008

Am Samstag, 12. April 2008 schrieb Frederik Ramm:
> Hi,
>
> > > I really find it useful to align all the nodes in a way so I made a
> > > small patch for that and created a ticket in trac.
> >
> > Um, I already have that (or similar) in the Tools menu > Align nodes
> > in line. I'm not using the latest version of JOSM, and it might be
> > coming from a plugin.
>
> His patch didn't mimick that function, it just extended it. The "align
> nodes in line" refuses to do anything if you have a way (and not its
> nodes) selected. His patch allows selecting a way as well, and is now
> committed.

Nice. But with r601 I actually get a:

compile:
    [javac] Compiling 223 source files to /home/r/josms/build

[javac] /home/r/josms/src/org/openstreetmap/josm/actions/AlignInLineAction.java:71:
cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : method
distanceSq(org.openstreetmap.josm.data.coor.EastNorth)
    [javac] location: class org.openstreetmap.josm.data.coor.EastNorth
    [javac]                             double dist =
Math.sqrt(n.eastNorth.distanceSq(m.eastNorth));
    [javac]
^
    [javac] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
    [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
    [javac] 1 error

Any idea where this comes from?

Rapha