[josm-dev] License clarification for JOSM plugins

Giovanni Mascellani g.mascellani at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 17:40:19 BST 2008

Hi all!

It's the first time I'm writing here, so let me present quickly myself:
I'm Giovanni Mascellani, a student in Pisa, Italy, and I'm working
together with Andreas Putzo and Petter Reinholdsten on a Debian package
for josm and its plugins.

As we are distributing our packages under the GPL-3 (or later) license,
we'd need to make sure that we have legal rights to do so. Anyway,
plugins validator and ywms from the SVN repository
http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/editors/josm/plugins/ contain
the text of the GPL-2 without any further information. Should this be
understood as a GPL-2 only licensing or as a GPL-2 or later? Could you
please add a note that clarifies this on the SVN? (Debian is very picky
about having a perfectly legally-clean archive!)

Thank you for your work on JOSM, and have a nice mapping!

Regards, Giovanni.
--
Giovanni Mascellani <g.mascellani at gmail.com>
Pisa, Italy

Web: http://giomasce.altervista.org
SIP: g.mascellani at ekiga.net
Jabber: g.mascellani at jabber.org / giovanni at elabor.homelinux.org
GPG: 0x5F1FBF70 (FP: 1EB6 3D43 E201 4DDF 67BD  003F FCB0 BB5C 5F1F BF70)