[josm-dev] JOSM interface for Tagwatch, OSBugs etc.

Stefan Neufeind openstreetmap at stefan-neufeind.de
Tue Aug 5 19:30:36 BST 2008

Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> would you be able to please include a possibility to download data
>> from osmxapi using tagwatch? Currently links from tagwatch (e.g. for
>> Europe) point to a download for an osm-file which you can then
>> manually load into JOSM. However such a link would allow to click on a
>> mis-spelled tag you find in tagwatch and instantly correct+upload it.
>> (e.g. I've lately found "namee" which actually meant "name" in the
>> list etc.)
>
> Well the tagwatch script would either have to be changed to emit
> "localhost:8111" links, or you would have to make a little Greasemonkey
> script that rewrites them. JOSM doesn't come into the picture at that
> point; JOSM does not see these links unless they actually point to the
> localhost port.
>
> Do the tagwatch links actually contain a bounding box, or is it just an
> OsmXAPI link that contains keys/values? I would be a bit unhappy about
> downloading only selected objects from OsmXAPI because you would never
> know what was around them, so if you e.g. delete a node you would not
> see if it was perhaps used by something else etc., so a bounding box
> download would be very much preferred...

Hi,

what I did use to "browse" used tages is
http://tagwatch.stoecker.eu/Europe/En/tags.html
which points to e.g.
http://tagwatch.stoecker.eu/*%5BTankstelle=*%5D
(fetch everything with key "Tankstelle") or so which afaik is a redirect
to osmxapi then. No bounding-box. Where it's just a typo (e.g.
"nameeeeeeeeee" instead of "name" I correct them right away. In other
cases I zoom into the various regions where object appear in JOSM and
select that part to download everything for the current zoom-boundingbox.

So what would be needed would imho basically be a possibility in your
plugin to also pass those querys to OSMXAPI (without giving a
bounding-box!). We could then either add another link to tagwatch or, as
you said, use a Greasemonkey-script, which is also fine with me. But
that would save from downloading multiple .osm-files and opening them in
JOSM one by one.

Regards,
  Stefan