[josm-dev] JOSM interface for Tagwatch, OSBugs etc.

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Wed Aug 6 18:04:28 BST 2008

On Tue, 5 Aug 2008, Frederik Ramm wrote:

>> The tagwacht links contains only key/values. If this is just a typo,
>> this is no problem. Otherwise I just download the surounding area with
>> josm after opening the osm file downloaded from tagwatch via xapi.
>
> So ideally, the remote control plugin would have to support a command
> that goes "download the following from OsmXAPI, determine its
> coordinates, drop it, and then download a 'buffer area' around whatever
> you got from there from the normal API". Which could also be more than
> one download since the original XAPI query might return 10 results in
> different countries, right?

Actually for fixing typos you don't need to load the surrounding area. So
mainly the requirement would be that the JOSM download interface also
supports OSMXAPI-style calls.

Switching tagwatch.stoecker.eu to redirect to a local URL instead of the
OSMXAPI URL shouldn't be the main problem. Don't know if the browsers will
make problems here. We will see.