[josm-dev] TCX Support

Adrian Stabiszewski as at nitegate.de
Sun Aug 10 12:17:25 BST 2008

> If it is, then what is special about TCX that we should have JOSM
> support for it (while we don't support the hundreds of other proprietary
> data formats around)?

I don't think there are so many data formats that are generated by GPS
loggers. What you are talking about are data formats that are generated by
some software products.

Of course you can transform TCX files into GPX files with a solution of your
choice, but if you like to do routine work it is up to you.

The TCX support is already done so why not use it? I will not argue why this
format or another. It makes life easier for me.

It might save somebody else some time converting GPS logs back and forth.

Regards,
Adrian.