[josm-dev] Paste onto mouse pointer position

Petr Dlouhý petr.dlouhy at email.cz
Tue Aug 19 09:54:11 BST 2008

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 10:45:34 +0200, David Earl
<david at frankieandshadow.com> wrote:

> On 19/08/2008 09:18, Petr Dlouhý wrote:
>> Hello,
>>  I made improvement to paste (and by consequence also to duplicate)
>> function in JOSM. Now, it is pasting the object on the position of mouse
>> cursor instead of placing it into middle of screen. I was wery tiring
>> for
>> me, when I was maping big garden colony (huge amount of same houses) to
>> drag every house from middle of the screen to the right place. With the
>> patch is the work much faster.
>> I didn't code much in java, so I don't know if I couldn't get the mouse
>> position easier, so if somebode could take a look, I would be glad.
>> I am not sure, how to post my patch into the JOSM, so I am sending it
>> here.
>
> I think you forgot the attachment!

No, I didn't, but maybe it didn't go through the mailing list. I uploaded
it to server, you can download it from
<http://stary.czp.cuni.cz/petr/josm.patch>.

> What does it do if you use PASTE on the menu or the PASTE button (where
> the mouse is on the menu or button)?
>
> is it now a two stage thing - paste, click - or does it use wherever the
> cursor happens to be on the screen?

Second. It pastes it on the position, where the pointer is.

> Is there an option to choose the behaviour you prefer?

In fact, I couldn't imagine somebody, who would like to paste the object
into the middle of the screen, and then drag it to the right position, if
he could place it to right position directly. But I can make it like an
option, if somebody wants to.

--
Petr Dlouhý