[josm-dev] Patch - Timestamp in comment only

Roland Ramthun pmrnews at gmx.de
Tue Aug 19 14:57:07 BST 2008

Hello,

my GPS device outputs waypoints like this:

<wpt lat="49.751007641" lon="6.685312260">
   <ele>274.580200</ele>
   <name>001</name>
   <cmt>18-AUG-08 11:33:03</cmt>
   <desc>18-AUG-08 13:33:03</desc>
   <sym>Flag, Blue</sym>
</wpt>

As there is no <time> given, JOSM will try to estimate its timestamp
from the position, which works only for ~ 50% of my waypoints.

I wrote the attached small patch, so JOSM tries to read the time from
the comment in <cmt>, when there is no <time>.
If it is, only <time> is considered.

I used the date-format for <cmt> as I found it in my GPX, a Garmin
GPSMAP 60Csx, GPX downloaded with "gpsbabel -t -w -i garmin -f
/dev/ttyUSB0 -o gpx -F track.gpx".

Can it be merged into the official version?

Regards
Roland