[josm-dev] LVA aerial images make JOSM slow

Rolf Bode-Meyer robome at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 12:43:59 GMT 2008

Hello!

The last two days I tried editing areas for which LVA arial images are
available. I soon noticed a quite big lag when moving points or
segments as soon as the LVA imagery is used.

For experiencing the lag, the LVA layer must be set to visible and be
downloaded for the bbox currently editing but it might be covered by
another imagery layer. Interestingly it doesn't depend on the size of
the dataset being edited and not on the zoom level. It also doesn't
happen with Yahoo or Landsat imagery.

I don't have the fastest machine (C2D @2GHz, WinXP) but I think it's
reasonable and don't have any issues when not using the LVA layer.

What might that be?
Running JOSM 1132 on JRE 1.6.0_11 with -Xmx512M

Bye,
Rolf