[josm-dev] wmsplugin yahoo maps proxy support

bluemm1975-osm at yahoo.com bluemm1975-osm at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 30 03:44:43 GMT 2008

--- On Wed, 17/12/08, Dirk Stöcker <openstreetmap at dstoecker.de> wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Dec 2008, bluemm1975-osm at yahoo.com wrote:
> > All I get is white squares. I see some other messages on the list
> > which  mention trouble shooting. If I run the url passed to
> > webkit-image, it  works fine in Firefox3 (small rectangle of Yahoo
> > imagery). Using  webkit-image, I get a 67kb JPG of 2000x2000 with
> > black background and white rectangle in upper left corner. It appears
> > that webkit-image isn't passed any proxy information. I tried using
> > ""webkit-image.exe /? or "-?" or "--?" or "--help" to no avail. Even
> > if I could find the right settings, the wmsplugin would need to pass
> > it along.
>
> webkit-image has no proxy settings yet. Actually it has no commandline
> arguments at all. ATM you only can use transparent proxies or systemwide > settings. Have a look at Qt documentation, maybe you can set the proxy
> systemwide so Qt will also use these settings.
>
> Ciao

Hi Dirk,
From doing a Google search like you suggested, using these search terms:
 * qt proxy windows setting
 * webkit proxy windows setting
I got hits that said code must be created for supporting proxies, there is
nothing pre-built, but a few code outlines are given.

It looks like the QT 4.5 dev version handles system set proxies, as
mentioned at http://doc.trolltech.com/main-snapshot/qt4-5-intro.html
Any chance of updating the code to a new 4.5 snapshot and dropping a
binary to test out?

Cheers, BlueMM

      Stay connected to the people that matter most with a smarter inbox. Take a look http://au.docs.yahoo.com/mail/smarterinbox