[josm-dev] Audio mapping Plugin

Gervase Markham gerv at gerv.net
Sat Feb 2 17:54:29 GMT 2008

Brian Schimmel wrote:
> I'm writing a plugin for JOSM to enable more efficient audio mapping.

Fantastic :-)

> The user may use any audio recording device he likes. Depending on his
> situation he may do one large recording for his mapping tour (as I do,
> up to three hours in one file) or record some small snippets when he
> needs to.

It would be great if the plugin let you press or hold down a button in
JOSM to record a snippet through a mic attached to the computer. If I
were doing this, my view would be: why have a separate recording device
when my computer I'm mapping with (using e.g. Surveyor) has all the
hardware necessary?

Gerv