[josm-dev] Mac .app

Till Amma till at tillamma.de
Mon Jan 28 14:41:01 GMT 2008

Hi,

>> I occasionally use a Mac as well. I have the .jar lying around on the
>> desktop, and double-click it to start JOSM. What advantage does
>> a .app have over this?
>
> One drawback of starting it like that is that you don't get to boost
> the memory available to JOSM, something I've found I usually want to
> do. For that reason, I usually end up starting JOSM from the command
> line on my own Mac.

Thats true. But you can open the package of the .app (right click on it
and then "show package content" or something similar... (i have the german
localization running so I'm not sure and too lazy too google for it right
now ;P)). Open the "Info.plist" in the "Contents" dir with the Property
List Editor or a texteditor of your choice. Then change the values beneath
the "VMOptions" line.

> I don't know if Till's .app technique can help here,

see above

> but if it can
> that would be a clear benefit.

:-)