[josm-dev] Fw: JOSM: Opening Layers hides other layers

Stuart stuart.srsm at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Mar 29 18:55:11 GMT 2008

Hi,

Asking this one again as no takers.
Using JOSM with downloaded Data Layer and adding my GPX and then opening Geotagged Images but layers keep obscuring others.

When I add the GPX I expect to see it on top of the Data Layer but the GPX disappears. I select the GPX and then the Data Layer switches off. When I Import Images the GPS trace disappears.
I then go through a ritual of clicking and moving the layers up and down until eventually all 3 can be seen at the same time. There doesn't appear to be a magic process which guarantees all visible. Given that the problem has existed for a long time and it is Richter Scale 10 Infuriating I suspect it is not a general bug with the software (there would be riots in the streets by now) and so must be a side effect of my preferences. Perhaps mappaint.style?

I have the latest JOSM (yesterday) but the problem has existed for months with older versions - but seems to be getting worse. Takes about 30+ random clicks and move layer operations before I can see everything.

Cheers
Stuart

PS

Here are my preferences PLEASE REMOVE THESE BEFORE REPLYING or we mave longest emails in history very quickly.

      audio.calibration 1.0
      audio.fastfwdmultiplier 1.3
      audio.forwardbackamount 10
      audio.leadin 1
      audio.menuinvisible false
      color.background #000000
      color.conflict #808080
      color.downloaded Area #FFFF00
      color.gps point #66FF33
      color.inactive #404040
      color.incomplete way #000060
      color.node #FF0000
      color.scale #FFFFFF
      color.segment #008000
      color.selected #FF99CC
      color.text #FFFFFF
      color.untagged #808080
      color.untagged way #FF6600
      color.validation error #FF0000
      color.validation other #00FFFF
      color.validation warning #FFFF00
      color.way #000080
      commandstack.visible true
      conflict.visible true
      download.gps false
      download.newlayer true
      download.osm true
      download.tab 1
      draw.data.downloaded_area true
      draw.data.inactive_color true
      draw.rawgps.large true
      draw.rawgps.lines true
      draw.rawgps.lines.force true
      draw.segment.direction true
      draw.segment.order_number true
      draw.wireframe false
      help.window.bounds 200,-14,800,912
      history.visible false
      laf javax.swing.plaf.metal.MetalLookAndFeel
      lastAddAuthor true
      lastDirectory C:\Garmin\Tracks
      layerlist.bounds 1114,31,338,134
      layerlist.docked true
      layerlist.visible true
      mappaint.style parthian
      mappaint.useRealWidth false
      marker.audiofromexplicitwaypoints true
      marker.audiofromnamedtrackpoints false
      marker.audiofromstart false
      marker.audiofromuntimedwaypoints true
      marker.buttonlabels false
      marker.makeautomarkers true
      marker.show 20080227CarridenWalker.gpx show
      marker.show Data Layer show
      marker.show Markers from Estate.gpx show
      marker.traceaudio true
      measure.visible false
      message.delete_layer true
      osm-server.url http://www.openstreetmap.org/api
      osm-server.username Parthian
      pluginmanager.sites http://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/Plugins
      plugins ywms,measurement,validator,wmsplugin,slippy_map_chooser,slippymap,namefinder,utilsplugin
      projection org.openstreetmap.josm.data.projection.Mercator
      propertiesdialog.bounds 530,305,381,183
      propertiesdialog.docked true
      propertiesdialog.visible true
      relationlist.visible true
      save.keepbackup false
      selectionlist.visible true
      taggingpreset.enable-defaults true
      tagimages.delta 0
      tagimages.gpstimezone 0
      tagimages.lastdirectory C:\Documents and Settings\Stuart\My Documents\My Pictures
      toolbar open;save;exportgpx;|;download;upload;|;undo;redo;|;preference
      userlist.visible false
      validator.SpellCheck.checkFixmes true
      validator.SpellCheck.checkFixmesBeforeUpload true
      validator.SpellCheck.checkKeys true
      validator.SpellCheck.checkKeysBeforeUpload true
      validator.SpellCheck.checkValues true
      validator.SpellCheck.checkValuesBeforeUpload true
      validator.SpellCheck.sources http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/utils/planet.osm/java/speller/words.cfg
      validator.mirror.http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/utils/planet.osm/java/speller/words.cfg 1205839764592;C:\Documents and Settings\Stuart\Application Data/JOSM/plugins/validator/1205839764373-words.cfg
      validator.tests Coastlines=true,OverlappingWays=true,SimilarNamedWays=true,UntaggedNode=true,SpellCheck=true,CrossingWays=true,SelfIntersectingWay=true,DuplicatedWayNodes=true,UntaggedWay=true,DuplicateNode=true
      validator.testsBeforeUpload Coastlines=true,OverlappingWays=true,SimilarNamedWays=true,UntaggedNode=true,SpellCheck=true,CrossingWays=true,SelfIntersectingWay=true,DuplicatedWayNodes=true,UntaggedWay=true,DuplicateNode=true
      validator.visible false
      wmsplugin.url.1.name Landsat
      wmsplugin.url.1.url http://onearth.jpl.nasa.gov/wms.cgi?request=GetMap&layers=global_mosaic&styles=&srs=EPSG:4326&format=image/jpeg
      wmsplugin.url.2.name NPE Maps
      wmsplugin.url.2.url http://nick.dev.openstreetmap.org/openpaths/freemap.php?layers=npe&
      wmsplugin.url.3.name Yahoo
      wmsplugin.url.3.url http://localhost:8000/ymap?request=GetMap&format=image/jpeg
      ywms.firefox C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox
      ywms.port 8000
      ywms.profile Parthian