[josm-dev] Hi List!

Christoph Eckert ce at christeck.de
Tue May 13 20:18:47 BST 2008

Hi,

> I'm new to JOSM-dev list and have fun to work and help on JOSM in
> future to push the project a piece forward.
>
> I'm a Senior Java Software Developer, living and working in Hamburg,
> Germany. My work is to design and implement Web-Applications, but I'm
> also familiar in developing Desktop-Applications.
> My private interest is neo-geography, and I love to drive (bike) and
> walk around with my gps and view my tracks on a computer back home.
> I'm also familiar with convetional navigation with a map (paper of
> course ;-) and a compass.
> Since a few month I am an active contributor to osm what means, that
> I used JOSM a lot.

welcome to the world of osm addicts :) .

Concerning JOSM development, Fred will surely share some ideas. What Fred
mentioned a couple of days before at osm-dev was building a cool editor for
mobile devices. I recently tried to run josm on a N810. It eat almost all of
my resources, dialogs have been to huge and it didn't respond to stylus/mouse
press events.

I have no clue if Fred already knows that it is impossible at all to make josm
running on mobile devices. If not I wonder if it was worth the effort. At
least it seems to be very promising to map details such as housenumbers and
other POIs live while being outside.

Any comments welcome,

ce