[josm-dev] building josm in eclipse

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 13:40:02 GMT 2008

Hi list.
I'm doing my very first steps in JOSM, and I was interested in
building it from scratch to investigate it's code.
I've downloaded the latest source code from svn, than I've setup an
Eclipse Project using the root of the source. Everything was imported
but I face two problems:

1 - when I run it I get:

java.lang.NullPointerException: /images/logo.png not found
	at org.openstreetmap.josm.tools.ImageProvider.get(ImageProvider.java:62)
	at org.openstreetmap.josm.tools.ImageProvider.get(ImageProvider.java:170)
	at org.openstreetmap.josm.gui.SplashScreen.<init>(SplashScreen.java:54)
	at org.openstreetmap.josm.gui.MainApplication.main(MainApplication.java:124)

It seems that it can't "find the way" to the imges folder...

2 - this doesn't affect normal Run (I suppose), but I have various
errors with the test units. First I've imported the Junti jar that
I've downloaded on my own, and it has solved tha basic errors, but now
I receive various problems like it can't import
org.openstreetmap.josm.data.osm.Segment...

do you have suggestion to help me in this startup process?
thanks,
giovanni