[josm-dev] building josm in eclipse

GeoJ geoj at quantentunnel.de
Thu Oct 30 15:10:51 GMT 2008

G. Allegri wrote:

> I'm doing my very first steps in JOSM, and I was interested in
> building it from scratch to investigate it's code.
> I've downloaded the latest source code from svn, than I've setup an
> Eclipse Project using the root of the source.

What do you define as "the root of the source"?
http://josm.openstreetmap.de/svn/trunk or
http://josm.openstreetmap.de/svn/trunk/src

The second links contains only the source without any required images,
libraries and so on - this is of course not enough to build JOSM from
scratch.

You should consider installing an SVN plugin into Eclipse (e.g.
Subclipse), add http://josm.openstreetmap.de/svn as new SVN repository
and then check out the trunk folder. Eclipse will automatically
recognize that the folder to be checked-out contains an Eclipse project
and take over all project settings.

GeoJ