[josm-dev] JOSM Translations

Stefan Baebler stefan.baebler at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 07:05:20 GMT 2008

2008/10/30 Женя <yourname at mail.ru>:
> About the Launchpad usage - I don't really think there is much use of the existing translation suggestions - those are limited to "File", "Tools" and "Save as..." :)
> Plus, LP works really slow over HTTPS for me.
True, but when starting translating into a new language even these
speed up the translation considerably, getting the translator quicker
over these boring phrases. I guess importing just few other (old &
well translated) projects translations into pootle would do the trick.

Another benefit of launchpad is the exposure the project gets amongst
experienced translators looking for new projects to translate. JOSM is
featured on front page of https://translations.launchpad.net/

> So, now - a bug report about the new built-in localisations:
> JOSM rev1059 - it can't find the Russian translation.
See the thread "Resource bundle not found exception" on this list.

Stefan